Critical Care Nursing - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$123.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Adaptable to any nursing framework, this classic resource provides clear, comprehensive coverage of every aspect of critical care nursing practice. It's organized in nine units around alterations in body systems, with a focus on evidence-based practice, collaborative management, and patient safety. The depth and scope of this textbook make it a long-lasting value that you will rely on throughout nursing school and well into clinical practice.
New to This Edition
- A new chapter on genetics gives you a solid understanding of this essential aspect of modern healthcare.
- UNIQUE! Concept maps in each disorder chapter help you understand common health conditions, including acute coronary syndrome, acute renal failure, ischemic stroke, and shock.
- Case studies address important critical care nursing topics and give you the opportunity to apply key concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Evidence-Based Practice: Collaborative and Evidence-Based Practice: Nursing boxes offer the latest evidence-based management guidelines for both collaborative and nursing care and highlight the importance of basing practice on strong evidence.
- Collaborative Management boxes examine the interdependence of nursing and medical practice and demonstrate the importance of teamwork in the management of critical care patients.
- Pharmacologic Management tables in each therapeutic management chapter provide a quick summary of drug names, recommended dosages, drug actions, and special considerations for the drugs most often used in critical care.
- Nursing Diagnoses boxes in every disorders chapter list common diagnoses in priority order for each body system, encouraging critical thinking and effective decision-making.
- Patient Safety Alerts highlight potential safety issues related to chapter content as identified by the Joint Commission.
- UNIQUE! Data Collection boxes in assessment chapters outline all the information required for a complete patient assessment.
- Patient Education boxes offer quick access to the concepts that must be taught to the patient and the family before discharge from the ICU.
- Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) boxes list the important nursing actions for a variety of nursing interventions that are part of the therapeutic management of a critically ill patient.
By Linda D. Urden, DNSc, RN, CNA-BC, FAAN, Executive Director, Nursing Quality, Education & Research, Palomar Pomerado Health, Escondido, CA; Clinical Professor, Coordinator, Executive Nurse Leader Tract, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA; Kathleen M. Stacy, MS, RN, CNS, CCRN, Nurse Manager/Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Intermediate Care Unit, Palomar Medical Center, Escondido, CA; Adjunct Faculty Member, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA and Mary E. Lough, RN, MS, CNS, CCRN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medical/Surgical/Trauma ICU, Stanford University Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA; Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Physciological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA