Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 6th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$69.95|
Sherer’s Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography provides vital information on radiation protection and biology in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner. Building from basic to more complex concepts, this book also presents radiation physics, cell structure, effects of radiation on humans at the cellular and systemic levels, regulatory and advisory limits for human exposure to radiation, and the implementation of patient and personnel radiation protection practices.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated NCRP and ICRP regulations provide the regulatory perspective you need for practice.
- New information on:
- Auger electrons
- Expanded discussions about CR and DR especially in respect to mAs.
- Expanded section on CT
- Evolve Student Resources including web-links.
- Historical perspectives explain the effects of low-level ionizing radiation and demonstrate the link between radiation and cancer and other diseases.
- Chapter outlines and objectives, highlighted key terms bulleted summaries, and review questions help you follow and understand the material.
- Full-color text and art programs enhance visual appeal, reinforce important elements, and hold your interest.
- Review questions with answers help you assess your comprehension.
- Student Workbook helps you review important text information presented in the book.
- Companion online products provide you with an online supplement for the Sherer text.
By Mary Alice Statkiewicz Sherer, AS, RT(R), FASRT, Radiography Instructor, High-Tech Institute, Nashville, TN; Paula J. Visconti, PhD, Director of Medical Physics, Radiation Safety Officer, Memorial Hospital of Burlington County, Mount Holly, NJ and E. Russell Ritenour, PhD, Professor and Director of Physics Section, Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN