Pathophysiology, 6th Edition
The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children
Well-known for its authoritative and comprehensive coverage, complete treatment of pediatric pathophysiology, and the most extensive illustration program in its field, this textbook features expert content on everything from the general principles of pathophysiology to detailed discussions of genetics and specific diseases. Chapters on alteration present the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment of each disease to help you learn to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function in adults and in children.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content on leukocytes in pain modulation, seizure disorders, brain injuries and disorders, acute encephalopathies, reproductive disorders, and much more keep you at the cutting edge of this constantly changing field.
- What’s New? boxes highlight the most current research and findings to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
- New animations, review questions, Key Points, and an audio glossary have been added to the Evolve companion website to strengthen your understanding of key concepts.
- Media Resources Lists encourage you to develop a study plan to master the important content in each chapter.
- Unparalleled coverage of disease processes makes this text the most comprehensive pathophysiology text available.
- The largest full-color art program in the field illustrates the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes
- Consistent presentations of each disease with pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment help you find the information you need quickly and easily.
- Ten separate pediatric chapters cover the pathophysiologic effects on children.
- Aging content is highlighted throughout the text.
- An Introduction to Pathophysiology section at the beginning of the text provides a solid start to the basics of the study of disease.
- Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders illustrate the disease process in an easy-to-understand format.
- Nutrition and Disease boxes present evidence-based information on the relationship between health promotion through diet and disease.
By Kathryn L. McCance, RN, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Sue E. Huether, RN, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT