Current Issues In Nursing, 8th Edition
Current Issues in Nursing provides a forum for knowledgeable debate on the important issues that nurses face today. This resource provides the opportunity to analyze conflicting viewpoints and develop your own thoughts on demands being made for the nursing profession and the difficult issues affecting today's health care delivery. Continually praised for its in-depth discussion of critical issues, solid organization of material, and encouragement of independent thinking, you’ll find this text a valuable resource in the modern world of nursing.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New content covering the following topics:
- The Challenges of Nursing on an International Level
- Health Care Systems and Practice
- Ethics, Legal, and Social Issues
- The Changing Practice
- Professional Challenges, Collaboration, & Conflict
- Violence Prevention and Care: Nursing’s Role
- Definitions of Nursing
- Changing Education
- Offers comprehensive and timely coverage of the issues affecting nursing education and practice.
- UNIQUE! Over 100 well-known contributors offer their expert insights and analysis.
- UNIQUE! Viewpoint chapters present controversial issues to showcase pressing issues facing nursing today.
By Perle Slavik Cowen, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA and Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director of Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA