Rheumatology, 2-Volume Set, 5th Edition
EXPERT CONSULT - ENHANCED ONLINE FEATURES AND PRINT
Be sure with the rheumatology resource you know and trustTable of Contents
New to This Edition
This latest edition continues the tradition of excellence of previous editions with comprehensive, authoritative coverage of rheumatic disease from basic scientific principles to practical points of clinical management. Internationally renowned authors deliver essential information on the definition of a disease, epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and disease management. A consistent style and lavishly illustrated full-color format presents you with comprehensive clinical and scientific information in a lucid, logical, user-friendly manner. A must have for all practitioners in the field!
- Find the critical answers you need quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly user-friendly format covering all major disorders of the musculoskeletal system in complete, self-contained chapters.
Get trusted perspectives and insights from chapters co-authored by internationally renowned leaders in the field, 25% of whom are new to this edition.
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION
" The fourth edition of Rheumatology is the most comprehensive authoritative rheumatology text designed to meet the complete needs of all practicing and academic rheumatologists as well as arthritis-related health care professionals and scientists interested in disorders of the musculoskeletal system. The edition is firmly grounded on modern science, integrating the relevant basic biology with current clinical practice, easily accessible, user-friendly and a beautifully illustrated color publication." - Rheumatology
- Get fresh insights and perspectives on rheumatic disease with 30% new contributors.
- Stay ahead of the curve with new chapters addressing principles of innate immunity, signal transduction, pharmacogenetics, and more.
- Incorporate the very latest principles of immunobiology and inflammatory processes into your decision making.
- Use the new section on Imaging in Rheumatic Disease to get the very latest information on the role of various imaging modalities in the diagnosis and management of disease progression.
By Marc C. Hochberg, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Head, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA; Alan J. Silman, MD, ARC Professor of Rheumatic Disease Epidemiology, Director, ARC Epidemiology Research Unit, University of Manchester, UK; Josef S. Smolen, MD, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna and Center for Rheumatic Diseases, Lainz Hospital, Vienna, Austria; Michael E. Weinblatt, MD, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Co-Director of Clinical Rheumatology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA and Michael H. Weisman, MD, Director, Division of Rheumatology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; Professor of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA