Calculate with Confidence - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$51.97|
|Print - Paperback||$79.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Calculate with Confidence provides a clear consistent format with a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. It covers the ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods. This popular text focuses on enhancing the learning experience of students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable. Concepts relating to critical thinking, logical thinking, and nursing process are presented throughout. New practice problems have been added throughout this edition and rationales for the answers continue to be provided giving the students a better understanding of principles related to drug dosages. This fifth edition addresses the increasing responsibility of nurses in medication and administration; emphasizes the priority for client care, and presents material that reflects the current scope of the nursing practice.
New to This Edition
- Caution boxes identify issues that may lead to medication errors and strengthen actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors.
- Tips for Clinical Practice calls attention to information critical to math calculation and patient safety as well as issues related to practice.
- Rule boxes familiarize students with information needed to accurately solve drug calculation problems.
- A clear and consistent, step-by-step approach to calculations and administration makes it easy to understand.
- Ratio and Proportion, Formula, and Dimensional Analysis content provides you with well-rounded coverage.
- Pretest and post-test help identify strengths and weaknesses in competency of basic math before and assess your comprehension after Unit One: Math Review.
- Points to Remember boxes highlighted in each chapter help you remember important concepts.
- Critical thinking information that should be applied in the clinical setting to help avoid drug calculation and administration errors is boxed throughout the text.
- Full-color illustrations, photographs, and drug labels familiarize you with what you'll encounter in the clinical setting.
- Current recommendations from The Joint Commission and Institute for Safe Medication Practices are followed throughout.
By Deborah C. Gray Morris, RN, BSN, MA, LNC, Professor of Nursing, Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Bronx Community College, Bronx, NY