Online only access to Principles of Medical Biochemistry, 2nd Edition
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
New to This Edition
- Expanded coverage of molecular genetics, genome structure, and the molecular basis of genetic disease.
- Discussions of gene therapy and germline gene modifications.
- Information on molecular carcinogenesis, apoptosis, and signaling pathways.
- Superb new page design with full color illustrations
- Online version via the STUDENT CONSULT website with USMLE test questions and integration links
- Half the size and weight of the usual biochemistry text.
- Includes clinical cases throughout the text, and a case study section at the end in order to illustrate the practical application of biochemistry concepts.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the topics that are typically included in medical biochemistry courses
- Focuses on topics that are of specific medical interest, such as plasma proteins and lipoproteins, molecular carcinogenesis, laboratory diagnostic tests, and the rapidly evolving new applications of molecular genetics.
By Gerhard Meisenberg, PhD, Course Director Medical Biochemistry, Ross University, Dominica, West Indies and William H. Simmons, PhD, Course Director Medical Biochemistry, Strich School of Medicine, Loyola University, Maywood, IL