Medical Secrets, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Medical Secrets is an easy-to-read, best-selling volume in the Secrets Series®, perfect for use in clerkships, for board prep, or as a handy clinical reference. Mary P. Harward, MD presents core medical knowledge in the trusted question-and-answer format to help you better meet the challenges you face every day.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay current on the latest standards in medical care thanks to extensive updates, including new chapters on Medical Ethics, Vascular Medicine, and Palliative Medicine.
- Get the latest key information at a glance with over 30 new tables and several new figures.
- Consult the book wherever you go thanks to the portable size that fits in your lab coat pocket.
- Find information easily using the two-color page layout, "Key Points" boxes, and a highly detailed index.
- Prepare effectively with the proven question-and-answer format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®.
- Master all common conditions and their treatments.
- Identify key facts and secrets using the "Top 100 Secrets" section.
- Review material quickly thanks to bulleted lists, tables, and short answers.
- Apply pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets" from experts in the field.
This is a collection of internal medicine pearls residents would focus on during their training, organized in a question-and-answer format with key points. The purpose is to help students understand the questions they are asked, and to provide some perspective for the questions clinicians are asking themselves. It is a daunting task to decide what questions to include, and the editor and contributors make these choices quite well. This is a useful memory jogger for all levels of students in medicine.
Doody’s review service rating - 4 Stars!
By Mary P. Harward, MD, Medical Staff, Department of Medicine, St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, California