Cornea, 3rd Edition
2-Volume Set with DVD (Expert Consult: Online and Print)
Cornea, edited by Drs. Krachmer, Mannis & Holland, is the only truly comprehensive clinical reference available that covers external disease, anterior uveitis, and the expanding range of contemporary corneal surgery. In this Third Edition, state-of-the-art coverage, 25 brand-new chapters, and 45 new videos provide expert guidance on performing femtosecond-assisted penetrating keratoplasty, DSAEK, deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty, and many other cutting-edge techniques. Plus, you’ll have easy access to the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.
New to This Edition
- Access the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.
- Make optimal use of Anterior Segment OCT to plan and choose treatment options and assess post-operative recovery.
- Master the latest surgical techniques-including femtosecond-assisted penetrating keratoplasty, DSAEK, and deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty-thanks to 25 brand-new chapters and 45 new videos on DVD (a total of 3 hours running time).
- Understand the full spectrum of corneal diseases with coverage of the new corneal dystrophy classification that incoporates current genetic, clinical, and pathologic information.
- Overcome any clinical challenge related to the cornea, external disease, anterior uveitis, and the expanding range of contemporary corneal surgery with the most complete, authoritative guidance source available.
- Get superb visual guidance with exceptionally clear illustrations, diagnostic images, and step-by-step surgical photographs.
"The quality of clinical photographs and illustrations is uniformly superior throughout the book... This is an authoritative, well-written, and invaluable source of information on cornea and external disease. It is a must-have for all corneal specialists and residency programs. It is several notches above any other textbook in this area. The third edition is a timely update, with the considerable developments in many areas of this specialty since the previous edition."
Doody's Publishers' Club 100/100 - *****
"The chapters clearly present a comprehensive, logical, and didactic approach to the subject matter. The illustrations in the volumes are of a very high quality, with clinical and histopathological images in full color. I recommend Cornea since it provides a comprehensive, integrated compendium of knowledge on the basic science and clinical aspects of the cornea."
Ophthalmic Research: Journal for Research in Experimental and Clinical Ophthalmology
"This book represents a complete, exhaustive, and comprehensive resource of information on corneal disease. The breadth, language and presentation contribute to making this a one-stop source of corneal information for students and specialists alike. This multi-authored book is written by the best minds in the fraternity of corneal specialists. It is a must-have for all corneal specialists and residency programs. It is several notches above any other textbook in this area."
- Surendra Basti, MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
4 Star - Doody's Publishers, March 2013
By Jay H. Krachmer, MD, Former Chairman (retired), Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Professor and Chair; Mark J Mannis, MD, FACS
MD, FACS, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, UC Davis Health System Eye Center, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA and Edward J Holland, MD
MD, Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Director of Cornea Service, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, OH, USA