Cornea, 3rd Edition
2-Volume Set with DVD (Expert Consult: Online and Print)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Cornea, edited by Drs. Krachmer, Mannis & Holland, is the only truly comprehensive clinical reference available that covers external disease, anterior uveitis, and the expanding range of contemporary corneal surgery. In this Third Edition, state-of-the-art coverage, 25 brand-new chapters, and 45 new videos provide expert guidance on performing femtosecond-assisted penetrating keratoplasty, DSAEK, deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty, and many other cutting-edge techniques. Plus, you’ll have easy access to the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.
New to This Edition
- Access the complete contents and illustrations online at expertconsult.
- Make optimal use of Anterior Segment OCT to plan and choose treatment options and assess post-operative recovery.
- Master the latest surgical techniques-including femtosecond-assisted penetrating keratoplasty, DSAEK, and deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty-thanks to 25 brand-new chapters and 45 new videos on DVD (a total of 3 hours running time).
- Understand the full spectrum of corneal diseases with coverage of the new corneal dystrophy classification that incoporates current genetic, clinical, and pathologic information.
- Overcome any clinical challenge related to the cornea, external disease, anterior uveitis, and the expanding range of contemporary corneal surgery with the most complete, authoritative guidance source available.
- Get superb visual guidance with exceptionally clear illustrations, diagnostic images, and step-by-step surgical photographs.
"The quality of clinical photographs and illustrations is uniformly superior throughout the book... This is an authoritative, well-written, and invaluable source of information on cornea and external disease. It is a must-have for all corneal specialists and residency programs. It is several notches above any other textbook in this area. The third edition is a timely update, with the considerable developments in many areas of this specialty since the previous edition."
Doody's Publishers' Club 100/100 - *****
"The chapters clearly present a comprehensive, logical, and didactic approach to the subject matter. The illustrations in the volumes are of a very high quality, with clinical and histopathological images in full color. I recommend Cornea since it provides a comprehensive, integrated compendium of knowledge on the basic science and clinical aspects of the cornea."
Ophthalmic Research: Journal for Research in Experimental and Clinical Ophthalmology
"This book represents a complete, exhaustive, and comprehensive resource of information on corneal disease. The breadth, language and presentation contribute to making this a one-stop source of corneal information for students and specialists alike. This multi-authored book is written by the best minds in the fraternity of corneal specialists. It is a must-have for all corneal specialists and residency programs. It is several notches above any other textbook in this area."
- Surendra Basti, MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
4 Star - Doody's Publishers, March 2013
By Jay H. Krachmer, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA; Mark J. Mannis, MD, FACS, Professor and Chair, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology & Vision Science, UC Davis Health System Eye Center, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA and Edward J. Holland, MD, Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Director of Cornea Service, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, OH, USA