Health Assessment for Nursing Practice - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$93.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Using a nursing-oriented, holistic approach, this straightforward text provides you with a visual presentation to conducting physical examinations. This textbook clearly delineates the routine exam techniques from those exams for special circumstances or advanced practice.
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! The 30 Core Assessment Skills identified by research as most commonly performed by nurses are now highlighted with a unique icon.
- UNIQUE! The companion CD-ROM now provides the Core Assessment Skills Checklists as quick step-by-step summaries for each of the 30 Core Assessment Skills.
- Two new chapters pull all of the essential exam and assessment content together into cohesive chapters for the infant and child and the older adult.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Reasoning Exemplars walk you through the thinking process of how an experienced nurse makes decisions.
- UNIQUE! Concept boxes feature eight concepts in the context of health assessment including pain, sleep, oxygenation, perfusion, tissue integrity, motion, sensory, and intracranial regulation.
- UNIQUE! Routine exams and exams for advanced practice are identified with a special icon to help you quickly and easily determine essential assessment content.
- Body system chapters are subdivided into clearly delineated sections to allow easy navigation among these consistent sections within the chapters.
- UNIQUE! End-of-chapter Documentation Samples demonstrate how to document client data and provide a practice context for client charting.
- UNIQUE! Special feature boxes outline common, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about health assessment and provide corresponding answers.
- Ethnic and Cultural Variations boxes present differences to anticipate among today's multicultural client population and show how to vary the exam for varied populations.
- Separate sections for special circumstances or special needs show how to vary the exam for clients with special needs.
- Feature boxes outline Healthy People 2010 objectives to provide you thorough discussions of recommendations for health promotion and reducing risk.
- Interactive Activity Lists at the end of each chapter outline corresponding exercises, checklists, and lab forms that can be found on the companion CD-ROM.
- Case Studies with Clinical Reasoning Questions are provided at the end of each chapter to test your application of textbook material.
- NCLEX® exam-style review questions are included at the end of each chapter.
- PDA-Downloadable Exam Techniques are included on the Evolve companion website to allow you to easily access important summary exam information.
By Susan F. Wilson, RN, PhD, CS, FNP, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health and Social Welfare, University of Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska; Emeritus Associate Professor, Harris college of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas; and Jean Foret Giddens, RN, PhD, APRN, BC, Professor and Coordinator, MSN Nursing Education Concentration, College of Nursing, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico