Radiographic Imaging and Exposure - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$70.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. With an integrated presentation of digital radiography and conventional film-screen radiography, RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGING AND EXPOSURE, 3rd Edition provides comprehensive coverage of the fundamental principles of imaging you need to know to produce the highest-quality images and reduce the number of repeated radiographs. This practical text also includes Patient Protection Alerts, Practical Tips, Important Relationships, and Mathematical Solutions features throughout to provide helpful information every step of the way.
New to This Edition
- Expanded information and useful tables on quality control tests help you ensure that you get the best image possible every time.
- Patient Protection Alerts discuss how certain variables can impact patient exposure with tips on how to control them.
- Radiographic Film Processing chapter now includes more information on image artifacts for a more comprehensive look at radiographic film.
- Added information on computers and the types of digital imaging, with new illustrations in the Digital Radiography chapter, keeps you up-to-date with the latest digital techniques.
- Bulleted summaries at the end of each chapter provide a quick review to ensure your understanding.
- A comprehensive glossary provides definitions for the terms in the book to help you become familiar with the language of radiographic imaging.
- An emphasis on practical information focuses on imaging and exposure topics essential to becoming a competent radiographer.
- UNIQUE! Integrated digital radiography coverage and a separate digital chapter include information on how to acquire, process, and display digital images.
- UNIQUE! Practical Tips boxes demonstrate how to apply concepts and use information in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Important Relationships boxes call attention to the fundamentals of radiographic imaging and exposure.
- UNIQUE! Mathematical Applications boxes familiarize you with the mathematical formulas needed in the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Sections on Film Critique and interpretations in the appendices teach you how to evaluate the quality of radiographic images and determine which factors contributed to poor images.
By Terri L. Fauber, EdD, RT (R)(M), Associate Professor and Radiography Program Director
Department of Radiation Sciences
School of Allied Health Professions
Virginia Commonwealth University