ECGs Made Easy - Book and Pocket Reference - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Written in a more conversational style, this popular text offers clear, straightforward explanations plus practice exercises that make it easier than ever to understand and interpret basic dysrhythmias. This edition features more practice ECG strips, expanded Stop and Review exercises, and a new companion CD-ROM with video clips and additional ECG strips. This package also includes a handy Pocket Reference and a heart rate calculator ruler.
New to This Edition
- Rewritten in conversational style to improve readability.
- Expanded Stop and Review section at the end of each chapter includes matching, short answer, multiple choice, true/false questions, crossword puzzles, and practice ECG tracings.
- Over 100 new illustrations visually support the text.
- ECG Pearl boxes give helpful hints for interpreting ECGs.
- Drug Pearl boxes highlight various medications used to treat dysrhythmias.
- Expanded to include even more practice ECG strips.
- Expanded 12-lead ECG chapter.
- Description of each dysrhythmia's characteristics is presented along with causes, possible clinical significance, and recommended interventions.
- Contains chapter objectives and key terms.
- The Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG chapter provides all the basics for this advanced skill, including determining electrical axis, ECG changes associated with myocardial ischemia and infarction, bundle branch block, and miscellaneous conditions.
- A comprehensive post-test is provided at the end of the book in chapter 10.
By Barbara Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA