Ergonomics for Therapists - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$89.95|
|Print - Hardback||$89.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Ergonomics for Therapists, 3rd Edition is a comprehensive introduction to ergonomics in the workplace. Thoroughly revised with the latest ergonomic techniques and strategies, this reader-friendly resource gives you the foundation you need to help clients maximize efficiency and prevent workplace injuries before they occur.
New to This Edition
- 6 new chapters give you vital scientific support for the latest ergonomic developments in:
- Ergonomics/Work Assessments
- Ergonomics for Children and Youth in the Educational Environment
- Ergonomics of Aging
- Ergonomics of Play and Leisure
- Revised Cognitive and Behavioral Occupational Demands of Work, Physical Environment, and Certifications and Professional Associations in Ergonomics report key changes so you can provide your clients with the most current approaches to critical areas and ensure professional success.
- Case studies and learning exercises in every chapter test your ability to apply principles and solve problems in realistic scenarios.
- Learning objectives, glossary boxes, and review questions identify the most important concepts in each chapter and make learning more focused and effective.
- New photographs and illustrations help you implement what you've learned by demonstrating ergonomics in action.
- Reader-friendly approach makes complex material easier to grasp.
- Client-centered framework helps you understand the client's critical role in maintaining an ergonomically sound environment.
By Karen Jacobs, EdD, OTR/L, CPE, FAOTA, Clinical Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation Counseling, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, MA