Physical Dysfunction Practice Skills for the Occupational Therapy Assistant - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Designed as both a practical clinical reference and a comprehensive classroom text, the second edition of Physical Dysfunction Practice Skills for the Occupational Therapy Assistant meets the need of OTA programs for a focused, easy-to-use approach to physical dysfunction. This new edition is thoroughly updated and expanded to include areas such as work, habits of health and wellness, leisure and social participation, and activities and occupations of daily living.
New to This Edition
- Three new chapters cover information on Work, Habits of Health and Wellness, and Leisure and Social Participation.
- Expanded to reflect emerging practices and the changing field.
- Special boxes provide snapshots of real-life situations and solutions.
- Case studies threaded throughout the chapters apply key concepts in a real-life setting.
- Selected Reading Guide Questions and Summaries help students assess and evaluate the material they have learned.
- Evidence-based content, including clinical trials and outcome studies, shows the evidentiary basis for OTA practice.
- Key Terms, and Chapter Objectives lay out essential information in each chapter.
- A client-centered approach to treatment and maintenance of health allows the OTA to include the client when making decisions about planning and treatment.
By Mary Beth Early, MS, OTR/L, Professor, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, LaGuardia Community College, The City University of New York, Long Island City, NY