Cook and Hussey's Assistive Technologies - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$105.00|
|Print - Hardback||$105.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Master the assistive strategies you need to make confident clinical decisions and help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities with the latest edition of this comprehensive text. Based on the Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) model developed by the authors, the book provides detailed coverage of the broad range of devices, services, and practices that comprise assistive technology and focuses on the relationship between the human user and the assisted activity within specific contexts. This new edition has been expanded and updated, and features new multimedia components that further demonstrate how to apply the concepts you've learned to real-world practice.
New to This Edition
- Assistive Technology for Cognitive Augmentation chapter gives you a foundation in the growing use of assistive technology to enhance human cognitive processes.
- Technologies that Aid Transportation familiarizes you with the many options of transportation assistance available and helps you determine which are right for your clients.
- Separate chapters on sensory aid for visual and auditory impairment provide additional strategies in these key assistive areas.
- Bound-in companion CD-ROM features videos of assessment and device use that helps you visualize procedures and reinforce your clinical application skills.
- Evolve resources test your understanding of terms and concepts and link you to supplemental sources for further research.
- Additional case studies throughout the text prepare you for practice with realistic client scenarios.
- Expanded evidence-based content supports concepts with real-world research data.
- Additional photographs, illustrations, tables, and boxes provide clear visual references and quick access to important information.
- Focus on clinical application guides you in applying concepts to real-world situations.
- Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) framework demonstrates assistive technology within common, everyday contexts for more relevant application.
- Review questions and chapter summaries in each chapter help you assess your understanding and identify areas where more study is needed.
By Albert M. Cook, PhD, PE, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; and Janice Miller Polgar, PhD, OT, Associate Professor, School of Occupational Therapy, Elborn College, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada