Occupational Therapy for Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Incorporating the newly adopted OT Practice Framework, this market-leading text takes an evidence-based look at children at various ages and stages in development, comprehensively addressing both conditions and treatment techniques in all settings. Users will discover new author contributions, new research and theories, new techniques, and current trends to keep them in step with the changes in pediatric OT practice.
New to This Edition
- Updated language and terminology in accordance with the 2002 OT Practice Framework
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF) codes are integrated throughout
- More evidence-based content such as clinical trials and outcome studies with regard to evaluation and intervention more accurately reflects OT as it is currently taught and practiced
- New authors provide a fresh approach to play, social skills, interventions, visual and auditory disorders, and hospital services
- Over 150 new illustrations and improved text concepts
- Internet resources provide the reader with new information sources
- Case studies incorporate clinical reasoning and evidence-based structure
- Key terms, chapter objectives, and study questions identify important information
- Information on conditions, technology, practice models, and practice arenas
- Describes practice in both medical and educational settings to expose readers to a variety a practice situations
By Jane Case-Smith, EdD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Division of Occupational Therapy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA