Essentials of Respiratory Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$65.62|
|Print - Hardback||$100.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. The new edition of this essential resource covers core areas of respiratory care in a convenient outline format that makes it a great quick-reference guide, a handy review tool for credentialing examinations, and a comprehensive reference guide for clinical practice. Key topics include basic science; anatomy and physiology of the respiratory, cardiovascular, renal, and neurological systems; and therapeutic aspects of neonatal, pediatric, and adult respiratory care. Also features extensive coverage of pharmacology and infection control.
New to This Edition
- Completely updated to reflect the significant advancements in the field of respiratory care
- Reflects the required core content of the most recent National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) examination matrix, ensuring the most up-to-date competency requirements for certification
- Features new chapters on ventilatory management for obstructive pulmonary disease, adult respiratory distress syndrome, NIPPV, tracheal gas insufflation, prone positioning, and liquid ventilation
- A redesigned format provides easier navigation through the text
- The convenient outline format breaks information down into manageable bits of information that make it ideal for study, review, and quick reference
- The comprehensive coverage of key topics - from introductory material through therapeutic care - consolidates the full spectrum of respiratory care into one essential resource
By Robert M. Kacmarek, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Professor of Anesthesiology, Harvard Medical School; Director, Respiratory Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; and Steven Dimas, RRT, President, STAT Home Care, Elmhurst, IL, USA