Leading and Managing in Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Elsevier's #1 nursing management text, Leading and Managing in Nursing, 4th Edition, offers an innovative approach by merging theory, research, and practical application in key leadership and management areas. It is organized around issues that are central to the success of professional nurses in today's constantly changing healthcare environment including consumer relationships, cultural diversity, and communication. This 4th edition is thoroughly updated and revised to better prepare students for the nursing leadership and management issues of today and tomorrow.
New to This Edition
- New chapters on Translating Research into Practice and Thriving for the Future emphasize the importance of research in nursing, as well as the potential for growth into leadership roles as a nurse.
- The table of contents has been reorganized to consolidate core concepts, resources, change, and interpersonal and personal skills.
- Each chapter opens with The Challenge, a contemporary nurse's real-world concern related to the chapter's focus that encourages readers to think about what they would do in a similar situation. Possible answers are discussed in The Solution at the end of each chapter.
- Every chapter contains numbered exercises that provide experiential reinforcement of key leading and managing skills and challenge students to think critically about concepts in the text to apply them to real-life situations.
- Research and Literature Perspective boxes summarize articles of interest and point out their relevance and applicability to practice.
- Theory Boxes highlight and summarize pertinent theoretical concepts reinforcing key points of chapter content as a quick reference for students.
- Objectives articulate the chapter's learning goals, which are typically at the application level or higher.
- Questions to Consider stimulate learners to think about their personal viewpoint or experience with the topics and issues discussed in the chapter.
- The Application Activity section is a built-in, perforated tool to help students self-assess and evaluate their learning and understanding of the content in the text.
- The vivid full-color chapter opener photographs and other photographs throughout the text help convey each chapter's key message while providing a glimpse into the real world of nursing.
By Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, RN, BC, EdD, CNAA, FAAN, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX