Pathophysiology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.77|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. The new edition of this well-respected text uses a body system approach to studying diseases. This comprehensive textbook, with its traditional presentation of content, integrates basic science with clinical practice and focuses on the alterations in biologic processes that affect the body's equilibrium. Highly readable, it includes shorter, more focused chapters, and end-of-chapter study questions.
- A body systems approach presents the material in a logical order.
- Introductory chapters are included on concepts that affect all body systems to provide a foundation for understanding disease processes.
- Anatomy and physiology are reviewed for each body system to provide a basis for understanding the alterations in function affecting that system.
- Eighty-two short chapters break content into more manageable sections and make a difficult subject easier to teach and learn.
- Outlines with page numbers at the beginning of each chapter help students focus on the most important concepts and provide easy access to chapter content.
- Study questions are provided for every chapter to help students review material and assess their knowledge and understanding. Answers are included for immediate feedback.
- About 725 illustrations clarify difficult concepts and demonstrate normal and disease processes.
- 70 full-color plates depict disease manifestations and enhance the text descriptions of these conditions.
By Sylvia A. Price, RN, PhD, Former Professor, College of Nursing, University of Tennessee at Memphis, Memphis, TN; and Lorraine M. Wilson, RN, PhD, Professor and MSN Program Director, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI