Pocket Guide to Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$26.62|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. With its concise, user-friendly outline format, this handy pocket guide is the indispensable consultant for fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disturbances and how they relate to patient care. Readers will discover pathophysiology, assessment, diagnostic tests, collaborative management, and nursing diagnoses and interventions reviewed in a logical, consistent, and easy-to-read manner.
New to This Edition
- Compares different types of parenteral and enteral feedings, along with nursing implications
- Contains expanded and updated relevant IV therapy and pharmacology
- Features updated content throughout with current literature and research findings, such as most current blood pressure guidelines from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Helps readers identify a patient's specific imbalance and understand the required nursing care
- Provides the ability to look up a diagnosis and learn what fluid, electrolyte, or acid-base disturbances are associated with that diagnosis
- Includes patient-family teaching guidelines with clear instructions to give the patient and family regarding care for the condition
- Provides pediatric and geriatric information to help users understand the variations within these special patient populations
By Ursula Heitz, RN, MSN, Nursing Consultant, Nashville, TN; and Mima M. Horne, RN, MS, CDE, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Adjunct Faculty, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC