Maternity & Women's Health Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Maternity & Women's Health Care, 9th Edition takes a collaborative care approach to maternal, newborn, and women's health nursing that emphasizes the nurse's role on the care team. Easy to read and logically organized, it follows the nursing process and offers evidence-based coverage of everything you need to know about caring for women of childbearing age. Key topics include evidence-based practice, family, culture, community, and health promotion. Practical application exercises and comprehensive care plans help strengthen your maternity nursing skills.
New to This Edition
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes explore research findings and their effect on clinical practice.
- Critical Thinking Exercises help you strengthen problem-solving skills by applying key concepts to realistic clinical situations.
- Community Activity Exercises introduce you to nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Practical application approach follows the nursing process and emphasizes collaborative care and the nurse's role in health promotion and the family.
- Comprehensive nursing care plans provide examples of both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Nurse Alert boxes highlight essential nursing care information.
- Focuses on the importance of including the family in the continuum of care.
- Explores cultural considerations and the importance of assessing for and understanding cultural variations when providing care.
- Teaching for Self-Care boxes provide follow-up care instructions for patients transitioning from hospital to home.
- Medication Guides offer information about common drugs used during the childbearing process.
By Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor, School of Nursing, Nursing Education and Curriculum Consultant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA; and Shannon E. Perry, RN, CNS, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA