Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This is a comprehensive but easy-to-understand nursing research textbook that is designed to introduce students to research concepts and methods, as well as teach how to evaluate research and apply scientific evidence to practice. The 6th edition now includes an increased emphasis on evidence-based practice, and teaches the reader how to analyze research by demonstrating in detail the components of research, the types of research, and how to use research information. The thread of evidence-based practice has been enhanced from cover to cover, including the addition of "Evidence-Based Practice Tips" throughout. The sixth edition now features a full-color design and illustrations.
New to This Edition
- New focus on evidence-based practice.
- Three chapters focus on evidence-based practice, including the new Tools for Applying Evidence to Practice chapter (Chapter 20), which covers implementation of protocols for evidence-based practice, standards of care, care maps, and more.
- Evidence-Based Practice Tip boxes provide tips for applying research evidence to practice.
- An evidence-based practice icon highlights key evidence-based content.
- Critical Thinking Challenges include at least one question per chapter focused on evidence-based practice.
- Practice examples of evidence-based nursing are updated and expanded.
- Updated coverage of HIPAA regulations, replication, genetics, sample size, and power calculations keeps students on the cutting edge of changes in the field.
- New Example Glossary not only includes definitions of key terms and concepts but also references to in-text examples of the concepts, with page references.
- Quantitative research and qualitative research are presented separately, in a balanced manner.
- A inviting Research Vignette opens each of the book's four Parts, introducing students to real-world practitioners of nursing research.
- Unique Helpful Hint boxes offer practical tips for avoiding common pitfalls in nursing research.
- Critiquing Guides offer essential questions to ask when critiquing aspects of a research article.
- Critical Thinking Decision Paths are flowchart-style diagrams with critical decision points that guide students through the process of decsion-making in conducting and interpreting research.
- Critical Thinking Challenges are thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter.
- Critique of a Research Study features demonstrate how to apply critiquing skills to a research study.
- Additional popular pedagogical aids include Key Terms lists, Learning Outcomes, and Key Points summaries, along with many tables, boxes, and figures.
- Appendix includes four updated full-text research articles - referenced throughout the text.
By Geri LoBiondo-Wood, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Professor, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Houston, TX; and Judith Haber, PhD, APRN, CS, FAAN, Director, Master's Program, New York University, New York, NY