Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. From its superior illustrations and striking full-color design to its abundant special features, it's easy to see why it's been the #1 pediatric nursing text for over 20 years. It provides readers with the essential information they need to deliver safe and accurate care. Divided into two logical parts, the first half of the book focuses on child development and health promotion by age group and lays the foundation for the second half of the book which addresses specific health problems organized by body systems.
New to This Edition
- Critical Thinking Exercises encourage self-evaluation about clinical judgements
- Ethical Case Studies provide realistic learning experiences
- The most current information on immunizations to keep readers up-to-date
- Appendix with Spanish-English translations includes words and phrases commonly used in nurse-parent interactions
- A chapter on Chronic Illness, Disability, and End-of-Life Care provides the necessary content for quality nursing care at the end of life
- Text focuses on the family throughout by emphasizing the role and influence of the family in health and illness
- Utilizes the nursing process format to present nursing care for major diseases and disorders.
- Guidelines boxes throughout the text provide step-by-step instructions for performing specific skills or procedures
- Emergency Treatment boxes provide quick reference in critical situations
- Nursing Care Plans incorporate patient- and family-centered goals and include rationales for nursing interventions
- Family Home Care boxes highlight important information to better prepare families to cope with their child¡¦s care in special situations
- Disorder sections provide detailed presentations of pathophysiology
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues and provide additional resources for guidance on caring for children outside the clinical setting
- Cultural Awareness boxes highlight ways in which variations in beliefs and practices affect child care
- Atraumatic Care boxes provide guidance for administering nursing care with minimal pain or stress to the child, family, and nurse
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes throughout the text focus students¡¦ attention on application of both research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care
- Nursing Alerts and Nursing Tips are highlighted throughout the text to provide the reader with either critical information (Alerts) or helpful hints (Tips)
- CD companion features critical thinking questions, case studies, nursing care plans, assessment tools, new NCLEX„¥ examination-style review questions, and skills
By Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN-CS, PNP, FAAN, Director, Center for Clinical Research; Nurse Scientist, Texas Children's Hospital; Director of Nurse Practitioners, Texas Children's Cancer Center; Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA