Foundations and Clinical Applications of Nutrition - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Foundations and Clinical Applications of Nutrition: A Nursing Approach emphasizes the role of nutrition in health promotion, primary prevention, and clinical disease states, with an in-depth analysis of the USDA's Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 and MyPyramid Food Guidance System. The dynamic author team utilizes a conversational writing style and a variety of learning features to apply information to the clinical setting.
New to This Edition
- MyPyramid boxes in the nutrient chapters spotlight key information from the individualized federal food pyramid.
- Significant changes prompted by the USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 and MyPyramid Food Guidance System are addressed.
- Foundations content includes the latest regarding food labeling, obesity and childhood obesity, diabetes, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), dietary supplements, trend diets, and gastric bypass surgery.
- Personal Perspective boxes share the ways nutrition affects daily life for people in various life stages and professions to build student empathy and understanding.
- Nutritrac Version IV nutrition analysis and weight management CD-ROM features a database of more than 3,700 foods organized into 18 categories, as well as 175 activities, to plan diet and exercise regimens.
- The Nursing Approach case studies in each chapter reinforce the nursing process as it relates to the content area.
- Applying Content Knowledge and Critical Thinking/Clinical Applications case studies reinforce and apply nutrition principles to real-world situations.
- Cultural Considerations boxes discuss various eating patterns related to ethnicity and religion to provide a global approach to nutrition.
- Health Debate and Social Issue boxes introduce timely topics and help separate popular media claims from academic research.
- Teaching Tool boxes provide tips and guidance to apply when educating patients.
- An emphasis on health promotion and primary prevention stresses the adoption of a healthy diet and lifestyle to enhance quality of life.
By Michele Grodner, EdD, CHES, Professor and Nutrition Coordinator, Department of Community Health, William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ; Sara Long Roth, PhD, RD, LD, Professor and Assistant Chair, Department of Animal Science, Food, & Nutrition, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL; and Bonnie C. Walkingshaw, MS, RN