Transcultural Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. With Transcultural Nursing: Assessment and Intervention, 5th Edition, you can easily find specific assessment and intervention strategies for clients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Divided into two parts, part one provides a systematic model of nursing assessment and intervention which takes six cultural phenomena into account: communication, space, social organization, time, environmental control, and biological variations. Part two applies these six cultural phenomena to the assessment and care of individuals in specific cultures. This user-friendly assessment tool is an outstanding resource for improving client care. Plus, this new edition includes all-new NCLEX® examination-style review questions, updated research and census data, and an increased emphasis on genetic and biologic variations.
New to This Edition
- NCLEX® examination-style review questions at the end of every chapter help you prepare for similar questions on the NCLEX® exam.
- Two-color design makes information more easily readable.
- New appendix includes an answer key for NCLEX-RN® Review Questions at the end of each chapter, making it easy to check your answers.
- Authors Giger and Davidhizar's innovative Transcultural Assessment Model, with a full chapter devoted to each of the six aspects of cultural assessment, helps you address specific assessment and intervention strategies for clients from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Case studies and critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter help you apply the assessment framework in practice.
- Discussions of spiritual components throughout, with an emphasis on various religions, address this important topic in transcultural care.
- Clarification of biological variations for select cultural groups provides a better understanding of differences in biology among cultures.
- A holistic overview of genetics helps you understand genetics and genetic based diseases related to culture, race, and ethnicity.
- Additional expanded cases with initial presentation, history, physical examination and lab test data, along with sample care plans for each cultural group, help you apply knowledge to clinical practice.
By Joyce Newman Giger, EdD, RN, APRN, BC, FAAN, Professor, Lulu Wolf Hassenplug Endowed Chair in Nursing, UCLA School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA; and Ruth Elaine Davidhizar, DNS, RN, APRN, BC, FAAN, Dean and Professor, Health Professions & Nursing, Bethel College, Mishawaka, IN