Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This comprehensive text provides the most current and accurate health promotion and disease prevention information available. The book addresses health promotion for all ages and all population groups - individuals, families, and communities. It includes extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the life span, with an emphasis on normal development as well as the specific problems and health promotion issues common to each stage. A complete unit is devoted to health promotion interventions. It also offers a unique assessment framework based on Gordon's Functional Health Patterns to provide consistency in presentation and an approach in line with the promotion of health.
New to This Edition
- A new Study Questions section (with answers and rationales) helps you review and assess your understanding of chapter content.
- Care Plans are presented in a consistent format: Nursing Diagnosis, Defining Characteristics, Related Factors, Expected Outcomes, and Interventions.
- Healthy People 2010 boxes highlight current national health promotion priorities.
- A new full-color design helps to highlight important features and content.
- A new companion Evolve website offers case studies with questions and answers, WebLinks, content updates, and a Glossary with search capability to enhance your learning experience.
- Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout all stages of the life span.
- A unit on specific interventions for health promotion.
- Addresses health promotion for all population groups - individual, family, and the community.
- Incorporates Case Studies that depict actual clinical situations to give students a "real-life" perspective.
- Innovative Practice examples highlight unique and creative health promotion programs.
- Summarizes specific clinical interventions in Health Teaching boxes to provide students with "how-to" nursing actions.
- Think About It clinical scenarios provide critical thinking questions to help readers grasp important concepts.
- Multicultural Awareness boxes present cultural perspectives important to care planning.
- Introduces significant issues, trends, and controversies in health promotion through Hot Topics boxes to engage students in critical discussion and debate about these topics.
- Research Highlights emphasize current research efforts and research opportunities in health promotion.
By Carole Lium Edelman, APRN, MS, CS, CMC, Director of Outpatient Programs, Waveny Care Center, New Canaan, CT; Associate Faculty Member, Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT; Fellow, Brookdale Center on Aging; Hunter College, New York, NY; and Carol Lynn Mandle, PhD, RN, CS, FNP, Associate Professor, Boston College School of Nursing, Chestnut Hill, MA; Family Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Scientist, Mind-Body Medical Institute, Boston, MA; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA; Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA