Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging provides thorough coverage of promoting healthy aging when caring for older adults. The intent throughout the book is to facilitate the healthiest adaptation possible for any older adult, regardless of the situation and disease process. The majority of the book is devoted to discussing the significant problems that may occur and methods that nurses may use to make these problems more bearable, to solve some, and to help the elder find the best possible resolution towards healthy aging.
New to This Edition
- Text correlates with federal guidelines for Healthy People 2010 to assist the student in integrating knowledge about healthy aging considerations.
- Expanded content on pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic pain management in Chapter 15 and integrated within appropriate content sections.
- Completely revised Culture and Aging chapter includes discussions of health disparities and working with interpreters to help identify nursing care interventions appropriate for ethnic elders.
- New author team with Theris Touhy and Kathleen Jett adds a wealth of experience related to gerontological nursing education and research.
- Incorporates healthy aging strategies to maximize the healthiest behaviors of clients/patients with dementia and their caregivers.
- Disease processes are discussed in the context of healthy adaptation, nursing support & responsibilities to help the reader gain an understanding of their client's experience.
- Focus on health and wellness establishes a positive perspective to aging.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences are integrated throughout to help the nurse understand these important considerations in caring for older adults.
- Each chapter provides a consistent organization including learning objectives, research & study questions/activities.
- Assessment guidelines are incorporated throughout as tables, boxes, and forms to provide useful tools for practice.
- Activities and discussion questions at the end of every chapter provide situations to expand student knowledge and understanding.
- Appendices and resource lists assist in further exploration of material.
By Priscilla Ebersole, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA; Patricia Hess, PhD, APRN, BC, NAP, Professor of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA; Theris Touhy, DNP, APRN, BC, Associate Professor, Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Programs, College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA; and Kathleen Jett, PhD, APRN, GNP, BC, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA