Conceptual Foundations - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. By focusing on the role and concepts of professional nursing, Conceptual Foundations: The Bridge to Professional Nursing Practice, 4th Edition provides an in-depth look at nursing in the real world. Written specifically for students who are already RNs, it acknowledges the education and experience they already have while introducing new and exciting topics. The text covers everything from the history of nursing to modern issues in nursing, all of which will benefit students in the field.
New to This Edition
- Four new chapters: Communication Skills and Techniques; Rural Health Considerations; Violence as a Health Care Problem; and Vulnerable Populations, provide an even more thorough look at nursing and health care.
- An expanded and revised chapter on Critical Thinking, Clinical Judgment, and the Nursing Process helps students gain a better understanding of the role of critical thinking in clinical judgment and the nursing process.
- An expanded Challenges in Teaching and Learning chapter compares major theories, practices, and principles of effective experiences, the role of technology in nursing, and design in teaching and learning for groups and individuals.
- Current professional practice topics are covered such as political, economic, and legal issues.
- Discusses the role of the professional nurse and the socialization of the nurse into a professional role.
- Profile in Practice boxes feature real nurses sharing their experiences related to the content in the chapter.
- Research findings, integrated throughout, reinforce the importance of research to practice.
- Encourage analysis and synthesis of the material with Critical Thinking Exercises.
- Key Points in every chapter allow students to focus on important information.
By Joan L. Creasia, PhD, RN, Dean and Professor, College of Nursing, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN; and Barbara Parker, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor, Director of Doctoral Program School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA