Current Issues in Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Current Issues in Nursing provides a forum for knowledgeable debate on the important issues that nurses face today. Through the past six editions it has provided information and viewpoints of developments that continue to impact the delivery of health care and the nursing profession. This book provides the opportunity to analyze conflicting viewpoints and to synthesize one's own thoughts on the demands being made on the nursing profession and the difficult issues affecting today's health care delivery. Comments from users and reviewers have continued to praise the book for its in-depth discussion of critical issues, solid organization of material, and encouragement of independent thinking.
New to This Edition
- Updated table of contents improves the flow of material.
- A new section on violence prevention and care includes nine new chapters on cutting-edge topics such as terrorist events, homeland security, nursing in wars, bioterrorism, and much more.
- Six new chapters focus on the overall quality improvement of nursing practice.
- Three new chapters examine the evolution and expansion of the nursing profession.
- Two new chapters address the definition and role of nursing in the current health care setting.
- Two new chapters take a contemporary look at HIPPAA and the current health care cost trends.
- Two new chapters explore educational trends developing in the nursing world.
- A new chapters on employment and management issues including dealing with unions, health care systems, and patient to staff ratios
- Offers comprehensive and timely coverage of the issues affecting nursing education and practice.
- Provides insights and analyses of over 100 well-known and respected nursing leaders.
- Each section is presented in a consistent format beginning with an overview chapter, followed by a debate chapter, and concluding with several viewpoint chapters to present varying views of the topics.
- Presents provocative and often controversial discussions in the viewpoint chapters to encourage the reader to think critically about the issues.
By Perle Slavik Cowen, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA; and Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director, Center for Nursing Classification, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA