Basic Pharmacology for Nurses - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 14th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Basic Pharmacology for Nurses, 14th edition, is a contemporary classic nursing pharmacology textbook known for its impeccably accurate drug content and its practical applications of the nursing process. A consistent emphasis on health promotion through medication monitoring and patient education is a hallmark of the book. Introductory units ground the reader in basic principles of pharmacology and medication administration, and subsequent body-system units apply the nursing process to every major disorder and drug class to promote safe medication administration.
New to This Edition
- A new chapter on cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome addresses the emerging links among cardiovascular disease, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity, and Type II diabetes.
- Medication Safety Review sections at the end of each chapter include NCLEX Examination-style Content Review Questions, as well as Math Review Questions and Critical Thinking Questions.
- Updated nursing diagnoses throughout reflect the 2005-2006 NANDA list of approved diagnoses.
- Provides an overview of relevant pathophysiology with an application of the nursing process in each drug chapter, followed by an application of the nursing process to each applicable drug class.
- Covers the pharmacology of all major classes of drugs, emphasizing side effects to expect, side effects to report, drug interactions, and more.
- Emphasizes patient education and health promotion with easy-to-recognize Patient Education and Health Promotion headings and reproducible Patient Self-Assessment forms.
- Provides need-to-know coverage of herbal therapies and dietary supplements with an Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy chapter, plus Herbal Interactions boxes throughout the chapters.
By Bruce D. Clayton, BS, PharmD, RPh, Professor of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Butler University. Indianapolis, IN; Yvonne N. Stock, MS, RN, Professor Emeritus, Health Occupations Department, Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, IA; and Renae D. Harroun, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor, Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Rock Island, IL