Contemporary Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Popular for its comprehensive but concise overview of the issues facing nurses today, this text is designed to help you prepare for the dynamic world of modern health care. This edition is fully revised and updated, giving you the most practical, balanced preparation for the issues, trends, and management topics you'll encounter in practice.
New to This Edition
- A NEW chapter on Budgeting Basics for Nurses prepares you for participation in the budgeting process, an increasingly common responsibility for nurses in the clinical setting.
- An expanded Workplace Advocacy chapter familiarizes you with the benefits and challenges of collective bargaining.
- New content helps you clearly identify compassion fatigue and presents strategies for prevention.
- Expanded coverage of nursing educational programs identifies new opportunities available to you for career growth and development.
- An updated chapter on the NCLEX-RN„¥ examination incorporates the 2007 NCLEX test plans to help you master the exam and become licensed.
- Increased emphasis on the uninsured population highlights changes to the U.S. healthcare delivery system affecting your responsibilities in professional nursing.
- Revised chapter organization makes content easier to grasp.
- Expanded Evolve resources reinforce what you¡¦ve learned with Student Learning Worksheets, answers to Critical Thinking Activities, Appendices, and links to additional sources.
- Chapter features identify the most important concepts in each chapter and help you study more efficiently.
- Website references in every chapter direct you to online resources for additional learning.
- Critical Thinking Questions challenge your understanding and help you perfect your analytical skills.
By Barbara Cherry, DNSc, MBA, RN, Director of Interdisciplinary Programs in Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences, Office of Program Planning & Policy Analysis, Lubbock, TX; and Susan R. Jacob, PhD, MSN, RN, Executive Associate Dean and Professor, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN