Mosby's Handbook of Patient Teaching - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$54.95|
|Print - Paperback||$54.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This practical resource provides instant access to a wealth of essential patient teaching information for patients with common diseases and disorders, as well as those who are undergoing diagnostic testing or a medical or surgical procedure. It features coverage of more than 200 diseases, disorders, and procedures - including 30 new or extensively revised in this edition. A special section on home care procedures provides comprehensive guidance on preparing a discharge teaching plan and providing care in the home.
New to This Edition
- Features more than 30 new or extensively updated entries.
- A Teaching Alert logo draws attention to essential information for the patient or caregiver on preventing or responding to a serious complication.
- A Dangerous Complications logo identifies potentially life-threatening complications of a disease, disorder, or procedure.
- An Elderly Alert logo explains how a specific teaching point may differ for the elderly patient.
- An Elder Care heading identifies how you can adapt teaching for elderly patients.
- A convenient alphabetical organization with colored A-Z thumb tabs for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Two-color design highlights important information.
- Information on more than 200 diseases, disorders, and procedures - including 30 new or extensively revised in this edition.
- Extensive home care content, including comprehensive guidelines for preparing a discharge teaching plan.
- Helpful lists of diagnostic test results for specific diseases.
- Clear explanations of therapeutic management, including surgery and medications.
- Easy-to-understand language with no specific nursing terminology makes it ideal for a broad range of health professionals.
By Mary M. Canobbio, RN, MN, FAAN, Cardiovascular Clinical Specialist Administrative Coordinator, Ahmanson-UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Lecturer, UCLA School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA, USA