Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$58.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This research-based clinical tool standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing curricula and practice, communicates the nature of nursing, and facilitates the appropriate selection of nursing interventions for nurses, including practicing nurses, nursing students, nursing administrators, and faculty.
New to This Edition
- Provides 34 brand-new interventions that address important topics such as defibrillator management, infant nutrition, toddler safety, and wound care: burns.
- Includes 77 substantively-revised interventions that supply the most up-to-date information on a wide variety of interventions, including chemotherapy management, hypnosis, radiation therapy management, exercise therapy, and shock prevention.
- Supplies updated and expanded lists of core interventions for 45 specialties.
- Each intervention now includes a publication facts line that indicates the timeline for development and revision of the intervention.
- A "call for reviewers" invites users to participate in future editions of Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC).
- Includes 542 research-based nursing intervention labels with specific activities.
- Presents a definition, a list of activities, a publication facts line, and references for each intervention.
By Gloria M. Bulechek, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA; Howard K. Butcher, PhD, RN, APRN, BC, Associate Professor, Center for Nursing Classification, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA; and Joanne McCloskey Dochterman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, Center for Nursing Classification, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa; Adjunct Associate Director of Nursing, The University of Iowa