Drug Calculations - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This popular worktext provides all the information, explanation, and practice you need to competently and confidently calculate drug dosages using the ratio and proportion method. Full-color chapters present material from simple to complex, following a step-by-step format for each problem. The answer key includes a unique "proof" step, ensuring that you understand each calculation and can easily double-check your answers.
New to This Edition
- Current guidelines from The Joint Commission (TJC) and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) help you reduce medication errors and increase patient safety.
- Over 150 new practice problems increase your opportunities to practice and apply what you've learned.
- Updated drug labels and equipment photos (including pumps and IV equipment) familiarize you with what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- New content in the Safe Medication Administration chapter features critical abbreviations, quizzes, and a comprehensive summary of safe medication practices for improved patient safety and quality care.
- Updated coverage of insulin including new worksheets on insulin dosages and new products that currently on the market to better prepare students for the clinical setting.
- Ratio and proportion method used throughout presents a logical, accurate, and consistent method of calculation.
- Step-by-step format of problems includes a unique "proof" step in the answer key to ensure that you understand the solution.
- Clinical Alerts integrated throughout warn you about potential and common drug dosage and calculation errors.
- Critical Thinking Exercises with a variety of patient scenarios help you gain practice integrating computation and analytical skills for optimum patient safety.
- Chapter objectives and introductions help you prepare for learning and focus on what you should accomplish.
- Worksheets follow each section, giving you the practice you need to master math calculations.
- Multiple-Choice worksheets feature answers completely worked out in the answer key, giving you the opportunity to use critical thinking skills to analyze possible answers, discard incorrect responses and select the correct answer.
- A Comprehensive Final covers all topics in the book and allows you to evaluate your overall mastery of drug calculations.
- Full-color drug labels and equipment illustrations provide a realistic representation of medication administration.
- Drug Calculations Student CD-ROM (Version III, packaged with the text) is an updated, interactive tutorial with a brand-new design for easier navigation. Covering various drug calculation topics (such as oral, parenteral, pediatric, and intravenous), it includes animations and interactive exercises, plus 565 practice problems covering ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods, and a comprehensive post-test.
By Meta Brown, RN, Med, Retired Colonel, U.S. Army Field Hospital; Nursing Education Consultant; Former Director, Division of Nursing, Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ; and Joyce L. Mulholland, APRN, BC, MA, MS, Nursing Education Consultant, Tucson, AZ