Communication in Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Combining a spiritual, empathetic approach to patients with practical clinical scenarios and techniques, this user-friendly resource is your key to understanding and applying the basic concepts of therapeutic communication. It provides comprehensive, step-by-step guidelines for establishing patient relationships, accompanied by unique artistic features that go beyond the clinical setting and help you connect more effectively with patients and ensure better clinical outcomes.
New to This Edition
- Revised chapter exercises reinforce concepts and help you practice your communication skills.
- New Communicating at the End of Life chapter provides strategies for effective communication and creative expression with patients near the end of life.
- Revised Understanding Each Other: Communication and Culture chapter helps you better understand diverse patient backgrounds and foster more productive relationships.
- Wit & Wisdom boxes provide a humorous, personal approach to communication theory and application.
- Discussion of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator helps you recognize different styles of communication and enhance your own.
- Moments of Connection boxes highlight the outcomes and benefits of successful communication.
- Poetry excerpts in every chapter provide inspiration and insight.
- Focus on therapeutic spirituality presents a holistic approach that helps enrich your patient relationships.
- Guidelines on communicating with populations with special needs prepare you to engage the widest variety of patients.
By Julia Balzer Riley, RN, MN, AHN-BC, CET®, President, Constant Source Seminars, Ellenton, FL