Manual of Critical Care Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This essential resource provides quick access to the latest information for more than 75 clinical phenomena seen in critical care and is ideal for use in the clinical setting to plan nursing care. Each disorder includes a brief description of pathophysiology, assessment, diagnostic testing, collaborative management, nursing diagnoses, nursing interventions specific to those diagnoses, and patient teaching and rehabilitation. Its convenient outline format and portable size make it the perfect clinical companion.
New to This Edition
- Includes new sections that cover obstetric emergencies, hypothyroidism, bioterrorism, and emerging infections, including CNS infections, such as the SARS, West Nile Virus, and the Avian Flu
- Contains a new appendix on pharmacology
- Features the most recent Nursing Intervention Classifications (NICs)
- Features a consistent, easy-to-use outline format
- Portable size makes it a very practical clinical reference
- Covers more than 75 critical care conditions/disorders
- Includes the latest NANDA nursing diagnoses
By Marianne Saunorus Baird, RN, MN, Case Manager, Pulmonary and Nephrology, Saint Joseph's Hospital, Atlanta, GA; Janet Hicks Keen, RN, MS(N), CIC, CCRN, Critical Care Nursing Consultant, Infection Control Specialist, Saint Joseph's Hospital, Atlanta, GA; and Pamela L. Swearingen, RN, Special Project Editor, Grand Rapids, MN