Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy, 5th Edition
Evidence to Practice
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$71.50|
Providing a solid foundation in cardiovascular and pulmonary physiology and rehabilitation, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy: Evidence and Practice, 5th Edition uses the latest scientific literature and research in covering anatomy and physiology, assessment, and interventions. A holistic approach addresses the full spectrum of cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy from acute to chronic conditions, starting with care of the stable patient and progressing to management of the more complex, unstable patient. Both primary and secondary cardiovascular and pulmonary disorders are covered. In this edition, updates include new, full-color clinical photographs and the most current coverage of techniques and trends in cardiopulmonary physical therapy. Edited by Donna Frownfelter and Elizabeth Dean, recognized leaders in cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, this resource is ideal for clinicals and for practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Full-color photos and illustrations enhance your understanding of the book's concepts.
- Two new Mobilization and Exercise chapters cover physiologic principles along with application to practice.
- Information on airway clearance techniques is revised and condensed into one comprehensive chapter.
- New reference style makes it easier to find resources by replacing the old author-date references with numbered superscripts linked to MEDLINE abstracts.
- Evidence-based practice is demonstrated with case studies, and the latest research supports PT decision-making.
- Real-life clinical cases show the application of concepts to evidence-based practice.
- Holistic approach supports treating the whole person rather than just the symptoms of a disease or disorder, covering medical, physiological, psychological, psychosocial, therapeutic, practical, and methodological aspects.
- Coverage includes both primary and secondary cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions.
- An integrated approach to oxygen transport demonstrates how the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems function together.
- Emphasis on the terminology and guidelines of APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice keeps the book consistent with the standards for practice in physical therapy.
- Key terms and review questions in each chapter focus your learning on important concepts.
- The Evolve companion website includes additional resources such as a case study guide, Archie animations, color images, video clips, WebLinks, and references with links to MEDLINE abstracts.
By Donna Frownfelter, PT, DPT, MA, CCS, RRT, FCCP, Programs in Physical Therapy, Northwestern University; Committed to Excellence, Glenview, IL and Elizabeth Dean, PhD, PT, Assistant Professor, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Director, Postpolio Clinic, University Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada