Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$80.95|
New to This Edition
- UNIQUE! Demonstrates how concepts apply to practice with video clips on the Evolve website that exhibit pediatric clients involved in a variety of occupational therapy interventions.
- UNIQUE! Prepares you for new career opportunities with content on emerging practice areas such as community systems.
- UNIQUE! Offers new assessment and intervention strategies with the addition of content on Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) assessments and physical agent modalities (PAMS).
- Provides the latest information on current trends and issues such as childhood obesity, documentation, neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT), and concepts of elongation.
- Utilizes a family-centered perspective, using the terminology of the AOTA Practice Framework, which focuses on tailoring the OT approach to meet the needs of children within the context of their own environments.
- Includes evidence-based content such as clinical trials and outcome studies that demonstrate the basis for OTA best practices.
- Presents case examples that show how key concepts apply to real-life situations.
- UNIQUE! Features expert advice and tips from the authors and contributors in highlighted Clinical Pearls boxes.
- Addresses cultural diversity and sensitivity to introduce you to the wide groups of people that OTAs treat.
- Incorporates prevention as a role OTA’s have in addition to intervention and treatment.
- Contains suggested activities in each chapter that help bridge the gap between the classroom and the clinic.
- Prepares you for the information you’re expected to learn from the chapter with key terms, chapter outlines, and chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
- Helps you assess and evaluate what you’ve learned with review questions and summaries at the end of each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Evolve website offers a variety of video clips and learning activities to help reinforce the material you learn in the text.
By Jean W. Solomon, MHS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist, Berkeley County School District, Moncks Corner, SC and Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME