Cottrell and Young's Neuroanesthesia, 5th Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Cottrell's Neuroanesthesia 5th Edition, edited by James E. Cottrell, MD, FRCA and William L. Young, MD, delivers the complete and authoritative guidance you need to ensure optimal perioperative safety for neurosurgical patients. Integrating current scientific principles with the newest clinical applications, it not only explains what to do under any set of circumstances but also why to do it and how to avoid complications. Comprehensive updates reflect all of the latest developments in neurosurgical anesthesia, and contributions from many new experts provide fresh insights into overcoming tough clinical challenges. Access to the complete contents online at expertconsult.com enables you to rapidly and conveniently consult the book from any computer.
New to This Edition
- Comprehensive and broad coverage of all important aspects of neuroanesthesia, including special patient populations, enables you to find reliable answers to any clinical question.
- Chapters written by neurointensivists, neurosurgeons, and radiologists provide well-rounded perspectives on each topic.
- A consistent, logical organization to every chapter makes answers easy to find quickly.
- Clear conceptual illustrations make complex concepts easier to understand at a glance.
- New co-editor William L. Young, MD joins James E. Cottrell, MD, FRCA at the book's editorial helm, providing additional, complementary expertise and further enhancing the book's authority.
- New chapters keep you current on interventional neuroradiology, anesthetic management of patients with arteriovenous malformations and aneurysms, awake craniotomy, epilepsy, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, and pregnancy and neurologic disease.
- Comprehensive updates reflect all of the latest developments in neurosurgical anesthesia, and contributions from many new experts provide fresh insights into overcoming tough clinical challenges.
- Access to the complete contents online at expertconsult.com enables you to rapidly and conveniently consult the book from any computer and follow links to Medline abstracts for the bibliographical references.
"The foremost reference for the practitioner caring for the neurosurgical patient." - The Spine Journal, review of the last edition
"An invaluable reference for those seeking specialist experience in neuroanaesthesia...A 'must have' for departments of neuroanaesthesia...Most practising neuroanaesthetists will wish to own their own copy." - British Journal of Anaesthesia, review of the last edition
"This fifth edition of Cottrell and Young’s Neuroanesthesiais a tour de force of contemporary neuroanesthesia, an invaluable resource for clinicians working in neuroanesthesia and critical care. It also is a best buy for any serious student of the clinical neurosciences and a must-have for neuroanesthesiologists."- David P. Strum, MD, FRCPC- JAMA
"…the new edition of Neuroanesthesia represents the best aspects of a modern textbook, namely a clear, concise format, excellent summary figures and tables, improved aesthetic value, and an option to access contents online… this book should be required reading for all anesthesiologists who care for neurosurgical and neurologically impaired patients. Simply put, Cottrell and Young’s Neuroanesthesia provides a solid foundation for state-of-the-art neuroanesthetic care."- John F. Bebawy, Antoun Koht, International Anesthesia Research Society
"This is a book which anaesthetists involved in clinical neuroanaesthesia should own, and which department libraries should buy. It provides practical clinical guidance, acts as a data source for clinical decisions and contains sections on the basic sciences to those at that stage of training. Lastly, it is very readable a feature without which the best information can fail to make an impact."- G Ludbrook- Adelaide, South Austrailia- Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
"It is for those who want to provide the highest level of care for their patients by truly understanding why they do what they do. This approach to neuroanesthesia will allow one to adapt and handle any clinical situation that arises in a confident and intelligent fashion."- Brian P. Lemkuil, M.D., University of California, San Diego- American Society of Anesthesiologists
"…provides a comprehensive update of the latest developments in the field. This is one of the definitive textbooks ofneuroanaesthesia and should be available in every departmental library."- M. Smith, Professor in Neuroanaesthesia and Neurocritical Care, Journal of the Association of Anaesthestists of Great Britain and Ireland
By James E. Cottrell, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center and William L. Young, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA