Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Obtain optimal diagnostic accuracy on conditions both common and rare
New to This Edition
Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology, 4th Edition, by Arthur T. Skarin, MD, FACP, FCCP, provides the guidance you need to diagnose a full range of neoplastic conditions with greater accuracy for better patient outcomes. An unrivaled collection of more than 2,500 images and drawings—combined with succinct, clinically focused text—equips you with essential information on pathology, diagnostic studies, staging, and clinical manifestations. New discussions on modern diagnostic PET imaging of cancer, and expanded coverage on the side effects of chemotherapy, bring you up to date on the issues impacting research and treatment. Expert Consult functionality—new to this edition—further enhances your reference power with convenient online access to the complete contents of the text, along with case studies that demonstrate effective approaches to diagnosis.
- A superb collection of more than 2,500 images encompasses the full spectrum of pathologic and radiologic studies, staging, and clinical manifestations, highlighting the pathologic anatomy of common clinical entities.
- A consistent chapter organization covers each disease’s incidence, epidemiology, etiology, and histopathology - as well as molecular biology, clinical features, diagnostic studies, and current clinical and pathologic staging - providing all the assistance you need to evaluate and monitor your patients effectively.
- This unique pictorial resource is a superb complement to treatment handbooks and major oncological texts.
"The Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology is a comprehensive, well organized, and beautifully illustrated overview of diagnostic oncology. Its multidisciplinary nature will make it a useful educational tool and reference text for practicing physicians and trainees in all fields involving the care of patients with cancer." - JAMA, January 19, 2011 - Vol 305, No. 3
- Provides online access to the complete text, fully searchable, with illustrations downloadable for your personal presentations, and case studies keyed to the book, at expertconsult.com.
- Equips you with the latest AJCC cancer staging guidelines to help you reach the most accurate diagnoses.
- Includes completely updated chapters covering the newest genetic markers, imaging modalities, and pathologic techniques to help you get the best results from today’s diagnostic tools.
- Offers an expanded chapter on evaluating the side effects of chemotherapy, with additional images of reactions to the newest regimens, to make you aware of potential common and uncommon side effects.
- Features two new chapters addressing the complications of cancer and modern use of diagnostic PET scans, keeping you up to date on hotly debated topics in the oncology community.
By Arthur T. Skarin, MD, FACP, FCCP, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA; Senior Attending Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA