Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology, 4th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology, 4th Edition, by Arthur T. Skarin, MD, FACP, FCCP, provides the guidance you need to diagnose a full range of neoplastic conditions with greater accuracy for better patient outcomes. An unrivaled collection of more than 2,500 images and drawings-combined with succinct, clinically focused text-equips you with essential information on pathology, diagnostic studies, staging, and clinical manifestations. New discussions on modern diagnostic PET imaging of cancer, and expanded coverage on the side effects of chemotherapy, bring you up to date on the issues impacting research and treatment. Expert Consult functionality-new to this edition-further enhances your reference power with convenient online access to the complete contents of the text, along with case studies that demonstrate effective approaches to diagnosis.
New to This Edition
- Expert Consult functionality provides online access to the complete text, fully searchable, with illustrations downloadable for your personal presentations, and case studies keyed to the book, at expertconsult.com.
- Completely updated chapters covering the newest genetic markers, imaging modalities, and pathologic techniques enable you to get the best results from today’s diagnostic tools.
- An expanded chapter on evaluating the side effects of chemotherapy, with additional images of reactions to the newest regimens, alerts you to potential common and uncommon side effects.
- Two new chapters address the complications of cancer and modern use of diagnostic PET scans, keeping you up to date on these hotly debated topics in the oncology community.
- A third new chapter covers malignant mesothelioma of the lung, plus other sites.
- A superb collection of more than 2,500 images encompasses the full spectrum of pathologic and radiologic studies, staging, and clinical manifestations, highlighting the pathologic anatomy of common clinical entities.
- A consistent chapter organization covers each disease’s incidence, epidemiology, etiology, and histopathology - as well as molecular biology, clinical features, diagnostic studies, and current clinical and pathologic staging - providing all the assistance you need to evaluate and monitor your patients effectively.
- This unique pictorial resource is a superb complement to treatment handbooks and major oncological texts.
"The Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology is a comprehensive, well organized, and beautifully illustrated overview of diagnostic oncology. Its multidisciplinary nature will make it a useful educational tool and reference text for practicing physicians and trainees in all fields involving the care of patients with cancer." - JAMA, January 19, 2011 - Vol 305, No. 3
By Arthur T. Skarin, MD, FACP, FCCP, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA; Senior Attending Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA