The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes Text and Pocket Reference (Revised Reprint) - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Using an easy-to-understand, step-by-step approach, this full-color text describes how to interpret 12-lead ECGs and recognize Acute Coronary Syndromes. It includes the latest research, and it now reflects the new 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines. New case studies, illustrations, tables, and over 100 12-lead ECGs offer readers the opportunity to apply their knowledge. Its need-to-know information helps students become proficient in the fundamentals of Acute Coronary Syndrome recognition and management, for both hospital and prehospital environments. Instructor's Electronic Resource (CD-ROM) is also available. Please contact your Sales Representative for more information.
New to This Edition
- The new 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines are reflected in updated discussions of treatment.
- Information is updated throughout, including 50 new 12-lead practice ECG tracings
- Three new chapters include Introduction to the 12-lead ECG, Acute Coronary Syndromes, and Case Studies.
- Back-of-book companion CD-ROM offers clear, colorful visuals to reinforce the text and help students learn how to interpret 12-lead ECGs. Two case studies offer valuable learning exercises, and 130 rhythm strips on PowerPoint consist of 100 3-lead ECGs and 30 12-lead ECGs.
- Pocket reference includes the book's highlights, plus additional pearls of insight, in a handy resource. Packaged FREE with text!
- Heart rate calculator ruler is included FREE on inside front cover.
- New, well-known co-author Barbara Aehlert adds authority and expertise to this new edition.
- Case studies, pertinent to any clinical setting, promote early recognition and treatment of problems.
- Key Point! boxes offer essential information.
- Did You Know? boxes provide additional information and the "big picture."
- Think About It! boxes offer valuable insights.
- Instructor's Electronic Resource (CD-ROM) for faculty use.
- The Practice ECGs chapter contains 70 12-lead tracings to help students master 12-lead interpretation.
- Key Terms are bolded to emphasize their introduction.
- Objectives open each chapter, setting the stage for student learning.
By Tim Phalen; and Barbara Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA