Perspectives in Athletic Training - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$113.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. In full color, this clear and concise text provides a comprehensive overview of the field and the job skills of certified athletic trainers. To establish a solid foundation, the book covers the evolution of the profession, systems of the body, and the body's responses to injury. It then moves into more in-depth chapters on diagnosis and management of specific types of injuries, followed by coverage of nutrition, psychology, and pharmacology before concluding with an overview of taping and bracings.
- The domains, core competencies, and proficiencies of athletic training are covered in a holistic way, allowing you to see and study the body in its entirety.
- A full-color format brings out key detail in illustrations and makes the text easier to read.
- Clear, concise, and straightforward writing simplifies complex subject matter.
- Evolution of the Profession chapter provides an illustrated overview of athletic training from its inception.
- Diagnosis and Management chapters cover the diagnosis and management of common sites of athletic injury, presenting information in an easy-to-understand whole-body format that includes the mechanism of injury, signs and symptoms, and immediate and intermediate care.
- Realistic cases accompany the material and address differential diagnosis.
- Opening Scenarios relate material to real-world athletic situations, beginning chapters with a case study and ending chapters with a discussion of its surrounding issues.
- Issues & Ethics boxes focus on the types of situations in which an athletic trainer may be forced to make a difficult decision affecting a team or an individual.
- Summary boxes, tables, and lists make key information easy to find and easy to learn.
- Points to Ponder include questions for further thought and analysis, helping readers apply content to realistic situations.
- Age-related icons appear next to topics in which age plays a role in diagnosis and management.
- Learning Goals begin each chapter by highlighting significant concepts and content objectives.
- Key Terms are bolded and defined near their discussion in the text.
- A Glossary includes all the key terms, plus key anatomical terminology and diagnostic tests and procedures.
- A companion Evolve website offers additional case studies, anatomy videos and labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, practice questions, and research assignments to aid in learning and preparation for examinations.
By Nancy H. Cummings, EdD, ATC, LAT, CSCS, Assistant Professor, Physical Education and Athletic Training Departments, Divisions of Education and Health Sciences, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL; Sue Stanley-Green, MS, ATC, LAT, Director, Athletic Training Education Program; Associate Professor, Athletic Training Department, Division of Health Sciences, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL; and Paul Higgs, MEd, ATC, LAT, CSCS, Head Athletic Trainer, Department of Athletics, Georgia College & State University, Milledgeville, GA