Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging - The Horse - E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Focusing on the horse, this practical text is the second in a series of three to focus on veterinary diagnostic imaging and the new technologies available to help diagnose and pinpoint disease. Like Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Dog and Cat, Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Horse is organized by region with specific structures addressed within each region. Coverage includes background information, normal anatomy, and positioning for specific structures, followed by imaging findings and specific problems such as trauma/fracture, infection and neoplasm. The main focus of this book is radiology, with supplementary information on ultrasound, CT, and MRI.
- Includes Radiographic Diagnostic Indicators (RDIs), a versatile set of potential radiographic observations that, when used in combination, can often lead to a radiographic diagnosis.
- Features normal radiographs pictured near abnormal images for comparison.
- Provides telescopic images that provide both orientation and close-up views to help readers identify key points of the radiograph.
- Offers diagnosis at a glance with concise one or two word diagnoses in bold within each legend for quick reference.
- Features Emphasis Zones that electronically enhance regions of interest in more complex images.
By Charles S. Farrow, DVM, Professor of Veterinary Medical Imaging, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskkatchewan, Canada