Clinical Veterinary Advisor - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
No other quick reference comes close to providing this much accurate, timely, and clinically useful diagnostic and therapeutic information. It's like six books in one -- Diseases and Disorders, Procedures and Techniques, Differential Diagnosis, Laboratory Tests, Clinical Algorithms, and a Drug Formulary. Plus, it includes free access to a fully searchable companion website featuring an electronic version of the text, a searchable drug formulary, and 100 customizable Client Education Sheets in both English and Spanish.
- This text brings together the expertise of 21 internationally recognized authorities as contributing editors and 300 leading clinician-authors into a single, comprehensive source.
- A wealth of high-quality illustrations clearly demonstrates key concepts and procedures.
- Section I: Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of more than 700 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Each entry presents the topic in the sequence it follows clinically, including: history and physical exam findings, diagnostic testing, treatment (including specific medications and dosages), prognosis, and recommended monitoring. References for each topic support the data presented.
- Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 89 important clinical procedures.
- Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 263 different clinical disorders.
- Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting more than 150 laboratory tests.
- Section V: Clinical Algorithms provides decision trees for the diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making processes involved in managing more than 90 of the most common clinical conditions/disorders.
- Section VI: Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and other relevant information for more than 300 new and current medications.
- A companion website includes the complete text of the book in a fully searchable format, which allows quick identification of any topic and its related information in the six different sections. The website also includes 100 customizable Client Education Sheets, each available in both English and Spanish.
By Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine), Assistant Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada