Ferri's Best Test, 2nd Edition
A Practical Guide to Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Written by Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP, author of many best-selling books for primary care practice, Ferri's Best Test, 2nd Edition, equips you to quickly choose the most efficient and cost-effective diagnostic approach, including imaging or lab tests. Updates throughout, including more than 180 new tests...additional diagnostic modalities...and new algorithms...make this unique and user-friendly reference a must for determining which diagnostic tests to order. A portable, pocket-sized format allows for convenient consultation anytime, anywhere.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features 184 new tests in an expanded laboratory test section; 8 additional diagnostic radiological modalities, including computed tomographic colonography, video capsule endoscopy, and intravascular ultrasonography; and 30 new algorithms in an expanded algorithm section, to provide you with the latest options for obtaining optimal diagnostic outcomes.
- Includes IU units added to all laboratory tests, to make the guidance more useful to clinicians practicing outside of the US.
- Offers concise, well-organized guidance to the most common lab tests and diagnostic imaging modalities, all in one single resource, that makes reference remarkably fast and easy.
- Describes the most common imaging studies for each organ system, reviewing their indications, advantages, disadvantages, and approximate costs to simplify your decision-making process.
- Examines over 384 laboratory tests, describing the normal range of results in adult patients, typical abnormalities (positive tests, increased or decreased values), and the likeliest causes.
- Explores 231 common diseases and disorders, providing algorithms to help you select the single best test for diagnosing each condition.
- Features a portable, pocket-sized format that allows for convenient consultation anytime, anywhere.
"The extraordinary value of this book is that it enables clinicians to stay current with the newer modalities and details how to obtain the best information for the cost. This is a cost-effective addition to every clinician's library and will benefit patients by limiting their exposure to tests that may not be the most effective in substantiating a diagnosis." -Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP(Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences), Doody’s Review
By Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP, Clinical Professor, Brown University Medical School; Chief, Division of Internal Medicine, St. Joseph Health Services and Our Lady of Fatima Hospital, Providence, RI