Nursing Research, 7th Edition
Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Now in full color, this easy-to-understand textbook offers a comprehensive introduction to nursing research concepts and methods. Evidence-based practice is emphasized throughout, with clear guidelines for evaluating research and applying scientific evidence to practice. Coverage includes qualitative and quantitative research, appraising and critiquing research, critical thinking, and clinical decision-making using research information.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An increased focus on evidence-based practice highlights its importance to nursing research and addresses the proper way to appraise and apply research to practice.
- Completely updated content includes new sample research articles that keep you current with the latest research topics and trends.
- A user-friendly, full-color layout features helpful boxes, tables, and illustrations that highlight key concepts and help you quickly find information.
- Balanced coverage of qualitative and quantitative research ensures each type is equally represented in value and importance to evidence-based practice.
- A set of Research Appraisal Guidelines inside the back cover offers quick reference for completing assignments or evaluating research.
- Separate coverage of quantitative and qualitative research makes each type of research easier to understand.
- Research Vignettes present real-world applications of nursing research to help bridge the gaps among clinical research, academia, and clinical practice.
- Sample critiques of research articles correspond to the principles presented throughout the book and demonstrate how to apply key concepts and techniques when evaluating actual nursing research articles.
By Geri LoBiondo-Wood, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Professor, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Houston, TX and Judith Haber, PhD, APRN, BC, FAAN, Director, Master's Program, New York University, New York, NY