Mosby's Handbook of Herbs & Natural Supplements, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Access the most reliable information on herbs and alternative medicines from trusted author, Linda Skidmore-Roth, in Mosby’s Handbook of Herbs and Natural Supplements! Reviewed by nurses and herbalists alike, this authoritative resource presents herb and supplement profiles in a convenient, A-Z format for fast reference. This edition’s updated, streamlined design helps you find information quickly, and a new systematic pregnancy and breastfeeding classification offers the latest guidelines for this special client population.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A pregnancy classification system from the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration allows you to analyze herbs individually and provides a consistent formula to decide which herbs should be used.
- Updated content throughout includes the latest uses, actions, dosages, contraindications, side effects/adverse reactions, interactions, pharmacology, alerts, and references.
- Pediatric Herbal Use appendix covers uses, guidelines, and expanded pediatric and adolescent information for 32 herbs.
- Drug/Herb Interaction appendix lists known drug and herb interactions for herbs included in the handbook to ensure client safety.
- Detailed monographs for 300 commonly used herbal products and natural supplements include vital information on the products you’ll encounter with your clients.
- Updated references and information from new studies make this a reliable source for herbal content.
- Alert icons warn you of potentially dangerous reactions that could threaten your clients’ health.
- Popular Herb, Pregnancy, and Pediatric icons help you find relevant content quickly for common herbs and herbs for special populations.
- Quick-reference format presents consistent monographs for each herb and makes it easy to find the information you need.
- Herbal Resource appendix, Drug/Herb Interaction appendix, Pediatric Herbal Use appendix, and a list of abbreviations provide essential resources and expanded herbal material in one convenient spot.
- A comprehensive index of herbal terms allows you to look up an herb by its common or scientific name, as well as by condition.
"Skidmore-Roth has put together a revised, concise and comprehensive evidence-based guide…The sense of history and traditional use of the herbs makes for interesting reading, but this book’s real value lies in its accessibility. This is a useful resource for clinicians looking to advise or check compatibility with other treatments." Nursing Standard, October 2009
By Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX