Comprehensive Vascular and Endovascular Surgery , 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Comprehensive Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, 2nd Edition, edited by John W. Hallett, Jr., MD, FACS, Joseph L. Mills, MD, Jonothan Earnshaw, DM, FRCS, Jim A. Reekers, MD, PhD, and Thom Rooke, MD delivers in-depth, clinically focused coverage of all aspects of vascular surgery in an exceptionally well-designed single reference. Each disease chapter follows the same consistent format, for quick consultation and better comprehension. The revised 2nd Edition features several new chapters, increased endovascular treatment coverage, and updated data from the latest trials...bringing you the newest advances from the field. More than 1,000 photographs, line drawings and tablesincluding many revised illustrations now in colordepict key concepts and procedures. With its practical user friendly approachand online access through Expert Consult functionalitythis resource offers convenient access to complete guidance.
New to This Edition
- Provides online access to the text via expertconsult.com where you can perform quick searches of the complete contents, download all of the images, further your study with bonus review and self assessment questions, and follow links to PubMed abstracts for convenient consultation whwere and when you need it most.
- Offers new chapters on vascular diagnosis, graft infections, aortic dissection, and visceral aneurysms for greater coverage of the field.
- Includes a significant increase in endovascular treatment coverage in many of the chapters, reflecting the growing need for experience in these procedures.
- Presents current data from DREAM and EVAR 1 and 2 trials.
- Features a revised artwork program—including many revised illustrations and former black and white images now in color—for an enhanced visual understanding of concepts.
- Includes bonus review and self assessment questions accompany the online version.
- Presents the work of a team of nearly 80 internationally respected vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists who focus on the issues and challenges you face in everyday practice.
- Uses a highly structured, templated format in each chapter to quickly and consistently deliver information on basic science, clinical presentation, non-invasive testing, medical management, surgical management, complications, outcome, and follow up—making information easy to access and understand.
- Includes Key Points boxes in every chapter that allow for quick reference and efficient study.
- Features over 1,000 photographs, line drawings, charts and tables that make important information easy to comprehend.
- Integrates clinical information with basic science making the material relevant to everyday practice.
- Covers treatment and interventions from an evidence-based perspective, whenever possible.
- Provides short, clinical vignettes in the same style as those found on oral exams.
True to the editors' goal of developing a practical text, the diagnostic descriptions are brief and focus primarily on the appropriate use of noninvasive and invasive diagnostic tests, their interpretation, and their limitations. Almost no stone is left unturned in reviewing the various options for intervention available to the treating physician, whether endoluminal or open surgical or any combination thereof.—Annals of Vascular Surgery, International Journal of Vascular Surgery, March 2005
By John W. Hallett, Jr., MD, FACS, Clinical Professor of Surgery, Tufts Medical School, Boston, MA; Director of Vascular Care of Maine, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, ME; Joseph L. Mills, MD, FACS, Professor of Surgery and Chief, Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ; Jonathan Earnshaw, DM, FRCS, Consultant Surgeon, Department of Vascular Surgery, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Gloucester, UK; Jim A. Reekers, MD, PhD, Professor of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Thom Rooke, MD